- Placement of a day order identical to one not completed on the previous day. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *renewal re‧new‧al [rɪˈnjuːəl ǁ -ˈnuː-] noun1. [countable, uncountable] COMMERCE when people arrange for a contract, agreement, deal etc to continue:
• The contract comes up for renewal next year.
• The government can deny license renewals if a station doesn't carry adequate programming for children.
• a six-month renewal option2. [uncountable] when a company, economy, area etc is changed and improved:
• proposals for economic renewal and growthˌcorporate reˈnewal [countable, uncountable] COMMERCEthe process of completely changing a company in order to make it become more successful:
• Consultants were brought into the company to devise and execute a plan of corporate renewal.ˌinner city reˈnewal also ˌurban reˈnewal [uncountable] ECONOMICSthe process of bringing new jobs, industry, homes etc to the poor areas of large cities:
• The new mayor has made urban renewal his priority.
* * *renewal UK US /rɪˈnjuːəl/ US /rɪˈnuːəl/ noun [C or U]► the act of making an agreement continue for an extra period of time after it has come to an end: »
The purchases are subject to annual renewal.be due for renewal »
If your car tax is due for renewal, do it before Budget day.► the act or process of making changes to something in order to improve it so that it becomes more successful: »
economic renewal► a situation in which something begins again after having stopped for a period of time: »
Pharmaceutical shares also benefited from the renewal of interest in growth stocks.● be/come up for renewal — Cf. come up for renewal
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Renewal — Studioalbum von Kreator Veröffentlichung Oktober 1992 Aufnahme August – September 1992 Label … Deutsch Wikipedia
renewal — re·new·al /ri nü əl, nyü / n 1: the act or process of renewing a renewal of the copyright 2: the quality or state of being renewed 3: something renewed 4: something used for renewing; specif: an expenditure that betters existing fixed assets … Law dictionary
Renewal — Студийный альбом Krea … Википедия
Renewal — Album par Kreator Sortie 1992 Durée 38:53 Genre Thrash Metal / Metal industriel / Avant garde metal Producteur Kreator et Tom Morris Label … Wikipédia en Français
Renewal — Re*new al ( al), n. The act of renewing, or the state of being renewed; as, the renewal of a treaty. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
renewal — 1680s, from RENEW (Cf. renew) + AL (Cf. al) (2) … Etymology dictionary
renewal — [ri no͞o′əl, rinyo͞o′əl] n. 1. a renewing or being renewed 2. an instance of renewing, or something renewed … English World dictionary
Renewal — Renew or renewal may refer to: *Urban renewal, a function of urban planning *Renewal theory, a branch of probability theory *Renewal (journal), a journal of Labour politics (UK) *Renewal (law), the act of renewing an expiring law or act *Renewal… … Wikipedia
renewal — noun 1 making valid for a further period of time ADJECTIVE ▪ annual ▪ automatic ▪ contract, licence/license, membership VERB + RENEWAL ▪ … Collocations dictionary
renewal */ — UK [rɪˈnjuːəl] / US [rɪˈnuəl] noun [countable/uncountable] Word forms renewal : singular renewal plural renewals 1) the process of starting something again after a pause renewal of: a renewal of war/hostilities Recently there has been a renewal… … English dictionary